Nationwide® Retirement Solutions (Nationwide) makes payments to The United States Conference of Mayors and its affiliate United States Mayors Enterprises (collectively USCM) for the of USCM's:
- Exclusive endorsement of Nationwide's products and services
- Services that USCM performs generally for all their members related to Nationwide's products and services
USCM's sponsorship and services include:
- Dedicated staff to oversee and support the relationship
- Active outreach to member Mayors to promote retirement savings in general and the benefits of Nationwide's products and services
- Advertising and articles in US Mayors magazine and on USCM's website
- Opportunities to market Nationwide's products and services at USCM conferences and meetings
USCM chose Nationwide as its exclusive provider of products and services for USCM's deferred compensation program because it believed Nationwide to be best qualified to provide the retirement education, comprehensive investment choices and superior service for public employees. USCM's sponsorship is based on its evaluation and review of the products and services offered by Nationwide. USCM's members benefit generally from USCM's oversight and evaluation of the program to keep it competitive for public employees. USCM members are free to choose Nationwide or any other provider for their deferred compensation.
Nationwide makes a fixed payment to USCM in exchange for its endorsement of Nationwide's products and services in the deferred compensation program. Fees paid go directly to USCM’s corporate accounts.
This should not be considered an endorsement by USCM of Nationwide Investment Advisors, LLC (NIA) or its provision of advice, or a reflection of any USCM member's experience as a client of NIA. NIA is not a party to the endorsement arrangement between Nationwide Retirement Solutions (NRS) and USCM. NIA has not engaged USCM to solicit retirement plan participants as clients for Nationwide ProAccount®. Nationwide’s payments made to USCM are not affected by whether an entity’s member chooses to include the Nationwide ProAccount option in its deferred compensation plan or whether a plan participant elects the service.